We have been taught direct or indirectly that self-love or loving yourself is selfish. People never distinguished both the things to us and for the longest time we thought that both are the same thing and many still do.
So, it is absolutely fine to give yourself a warm hug, to pamper yourself, to be in solitude when need be. Afterall, you need to love yourself first to love another person. If you do not love yourself first, you will only communicate with your guilt with the other person and that is not a fulfilling relation, is it?
So, Here Are 9 Quotes On Self-Love To Boost You Up:
1. Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.
― William Shakespeare, King Henry V
2. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you
― Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
3. The deepest gift you can learn in life is about self-love, and that's not going to happen overnight.
4. The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
5. I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.
6. In your own life it's important to know how spectacular you are.
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
7. I've always been famous, it's just no one knew it yet.
8. Self-love is the elixir of an immortal heart.
9. I am more than my scars.”
― Andrew Davidson, The Gargoyle
Now, don’t think twice if you are spending time with yourself, it will infact help your loved ones more.
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.